SCA Awarded Scholarships
SCA offers many school awarded scholarships to their graduates.
Details about these bursaries can be found in our Registration Handbook on pages 47-49.
Application for these scholarships open in the spring. Please check back to this page for further details and Grade 12's should be sure to sign up for all updates through REMIND.
The graduating class of 2018 can join their Grad class text remind by
@grads18 to 587-316-6141
Alexander Rutherford High School Achievement Scholarship
Applying for the Rutherford Scholarship
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship (the Rutherford) was named in honour of Alexander Rutherford, Alberta’s first Premier. The Rutherford recognizes and rewards academic achievement in senior high school to encourage students to pursue post-secondary studies.
Application Process and Timelines
Step 1: Submit your online application when:
- Your final high school marks are available, and
- You are enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies between August 1, 2017 and July 31, 2018,
- You have completed high school on or after September 30, 1980.
You will be notified of the results of your assessment once your final high school marks are available.
If you are eligible, Alberta Student Aid will send a request to your post-secondary institution asking them to confirm your enrolment:
- If you apply before you start post-secondary studies, Student Aid will send a Confirmation of Enrolment request to your school by the end of your first month of study.
- If you apply during or after your post-secondary studies, Student Aid will send a Confirmation of Enrolment request to your school one month after your application has been assessed.
Your school will be given 30 days to confirm your enrolment. Confirmation of your enrolment must be received before your cheque can be issued. Alberta Student Aid will mail a cheque to you approximately 1 month after confirmation of enrolment is received.
- Eligible students who complete high school outside of Alberta must submit an official transcript of their high school marks for that province.
- Transcripts are not required for courses in Alberta. Only marks recorded on a valid Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement are accepted; high School grades obtained through upgrading at a post-secondary institution are not accepted.
In the event of a mark change, send a letter indicating the appeal with your grade, mark change and course to Alberta Student Aid.
Application forms are available from:
Loran Awards are now open!
The Loran Scholars Foundation is beginning its search for the 29th class of Loran Scholars.
These scholarships are awarded to grade 12 students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy.
Applications include submitting a transcript, a reference from a teacher or community member and have their school sponsorship confirmed (if applicable) before the deadline.
All information can be found online
A couple of good websites to check for available scholarships and awards are:
https://yconic.com/ (previously studentawards.com)
Alberta Indigenous Awards
Alberta Student Aid recently launched the Indigenous Careers Award and the Indigenous Graduate Award for the 2017-18 academic year. These awards encourage Indigenous Albertans (First Nations, Métis and Inuit) to pursue either high-demand career program bands or graduate studies in Alberta. Students can learn more about both the Indigenous Careers and Graduate Awards on the Alberta Student Aid website:
Jimmie Condon Athletic Scholarships