It is hoped that through the resources available in Student Services, students will be better informed and able to make appropriate decisions for themselves now and in the future. Parents are invited to discuss any matter of concern by contacting:
Mrs. Nadine Lennox - Jr. and Sr. High Counsellor
- Selection of courses
- Program planning
- Graduation requirements
- Support for students with special needs
- Evaluation of out-of-province documents and other documents, (i.e. private study)
- Planning for post-secondary requirements
- Peer tutoring
- Establishing career goals
- Calendars and website information for universities, colleges and technical schools
- Exploration of related occupations
- Confidential discussion of personal concerns or problems which may interfere with school performance and personal well-being
- Issues may include self-esteem, grief and loss, substance abuse, personal health and safety, family and peer relationships, sexuality, stress and conflict management
- Counsellors will act as a liaison with parents, students and community agencies.
Test Anxiety: Strategies for Success
Alberta Health Services is providing a session here in Sherwood Park for students and parents of students with test anxiety. If you or your child struggles with test anxiety, please sign up and plan to attend this session.
May 31, 2018 – Salisbury Comp (Sherwood Park) Test Anxiety: Strategies for Success Parent and Teens (Grades 7-12) are encouraged to attend together
Canada's Coolest School Trip Contest
Posted on September 15th, 2017
Check this link out (below) for a cool contest!